Friday, August 15, 2008

In the works

I was thinking today of the things I've painted and the collections of paintings I own. They are nothing spectacular. Nope, no Monet's or Van Gogh's in this house. Just simple local artistry. Here is one piece I have that is my favorite.

She was done by a local artist in Miami. I acquired this piece from my sister-in-law when she moved back home. I fell in love with the colors and they went really well with the celery green paint I had in my home at the time. I am hoping to bring this piece back to life again as soon as I get this home painted.

I have my own paintings in the works. One in particular, I miss working on, is a silhouette of a city scape. I am going to have the city buildings on one side and a forest of trees on the other. I am hoping it will show the contrast of two different life styles and maybe a possibility of blending. It will symbolize the vast differences in people and cultures and the ability to blend them.

Until next time, don't be afraid to be creative. What may look bad to you may be a work of art to someone else, so be messy, be precise, be whatever you feel like!

Just Bea Roll

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Woohoo! You are an inspiration to me! Thank you! Thank you!

Unknown said...

You make me want to paint! I'm glad we are artists together!